Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mexico

Happy April Fools Day!


My family went to Mexico in December of 2009. This trip was very strange but very fun. I had never been away from home for Christmas before so that was odd. But we decided to take a cruise for Christmas that year. My brother had just broken his ankle so sadly he was in a cast during the trip. We went with a family friend of ours which was cool because I had someone my age to hangout with. The ship was decorated beautifully. We made two stops. One was at the Mayan ruins in Cozumel and the other was at a beach. When we stopped at the beach it was nice to lay out in the sun. My brothers and I got our pictures taken with parrots. They were interesting. The one I was holding kept climbing up my arm closer to my face which scared me. They were beautiful birds though. My friend and I got henna tattoos. They were really cool, but left really bad rashes on our shoulder after a week. I loved how clear the water is in Mexico. I didn't get in the water much. It wasn't very cold which was nice. It was a good break from the ship though. We did a lot on the boat too. We got our nails done one day. There was a comedy show another day that was fun to watch. We played a lot of cards too. We had a very nice dinner on Christmas day. It was a nice trip to get away from life for a week. I definitely want to take another cruise sometime!


I really hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions or thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for day, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment