Saturday, April 12, 2014

ACM Awards


I spent last Sunday night watching The Academy of Country Music Awards. It was hosted by Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton. There was so many great performances. I am a huge Luke Bryan fan. I thought he did a great job on stage. I like Tim McGraw but his performance was not very good. Many of the performances made me crave concert season even more. I am sad that there are many artists not coming to Colorado this year. I am looking forward to the concerts I am already planning to go to though.

Just to recap the night:
     Entertainer of the Year - George Strait
     Male Vocalist of the Year - Jason Aldean
     Female Vocalist of the Year - Miranda Lambert
     Vocal Duo of the Year - Florida Georgia Line
     Vocal Group of the Year - The Band Perry
     New Artist of the Year - Justin Moore
     Album of the Year - Same Trailer Different Park by Kacey Musgraves
     Single Record of the Year - Mamas Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert
     Song of the Year - I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice
     Video of the Year - Highway Don't Care by Tim McGraw ft. Taylor Swift and Keith Urban
     Vocal Event of the Year - We Were Us by Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert

Every artist that took home an award deserved it. Country music continues to be my favorite genre of music and I look forward to what the rest of this year brings.

Did you watch the award show? What were your thoughts? What is your favorite type of music?

I really hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment