Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

HAPPY EASTER


I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I was able to spend it with most of my family and very good family friends. As we were sitting in the living room while my daughter went through her Easter basket, my mom asked why we even do baskets on Easter. I thought that was a very good question so I looked into it. I believe Easter is a holiday to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Easter baskets were started because in the spring it was customary to take baskets of early seedlings to the fertility goddess to increase the chance of a good harvest. The fertility goddess carried a basket of eggs. It then became a hallmark tradition that came from the German folklore of the Easter Hare... aka... Easter Bunny.


I really hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment