Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hawaii

In 2009 my family was able to go to Hawaii. It was a last minute trip but turned out to be very fun. My brother, who was a swimmer at the time, had a meet there. We were not there very long and did not get to see much. We stayed at a very nice hotel on the coast. I loved the view. The water is very blue and very pretty. During one of the not so busy days we got to go visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial. We rushed through a lot of it since we did not have much time. I thought the old ships were really cool. I also got to meet a few veterans that served in Hawaii during Pearl Harbor. Most of the trip was spent at my brothers meet. There were trees surrounding the pool where my brother was swimming and they were very strange looking. They somewhat looked like palm trees, but with less branches and soft leafs instead of pointy needles. The flights were also very long. We watched a few movies and slept a little bit. Especially on the flight back since it was a red eye flight. Overall it was a good family trip and I hope to go back in the near future so I can explore the island more.



I hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment