Friday, July 25, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Finish



The word for this week is finish. When I first read Lisa-Jo Baker's post on finishing it made me think about what in my life I have finished that actually was a big deal. Unfortunately I couldn't think of much. I am still young and still working on a lot of my goals that have been started. I finished high school by the tip of my chair. That is probably my biggest accomplishment so far. This week I want to be able to finish two project that I started weeks ago. My health is finally starting to be normal so I am hoping to at least start getting back on track. It is very easy to see that there is a finish line. I think sometimes we feel like the finish line gets further and further away. Maybe we are trying to keep ourselves from it. I feel like it is so difficult to get motivated to start something sometimes. But when you are so passionate about something it can certainly be hard to just let it go and have it be the end... There are always more doors to be opened after you close one. Sometimes it can just take a little while.

Do you think it is harder to start or finish?

I want to take a moment to reflect on how and why five minute friday posts where started. Now I have only been participating in since the end of March. It is amazing how supportive and friendly this community of people are. I have looked forward to every friday since I started and look forward to what is to come. Lisa-Jo Baker was the originator of Five Minute Fridays. She started it four years ago. With today's word she announced that next week will be her last post and is passing the baton over to Kate Motaung. It was a very heartfelt post. Click here if you wish to read her post. I thank you for the time I was able to join you on your weekly posts.

Starting August 7th you can join us for Five Minute Friday posts with Kate Motaung. (Just click her name).

I hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

3 comments:

  1. I find both starting and finishing a little tricky. Unless it's a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Hope. What a great name!
    I think sometimes God moves the finishing line, because He wants the best for us. Maybe if He showed us just how far away it is, we would give up, but maybe we need lots of little finish lines before we get to the final big one. If we aim for nothing, we hit nothing.
    I have loved looking through your blog. I'll be back here again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finishing line does seem to move sometimes, but I sometimes wonder if that is because we're just not supposed to be finished yet. This all really resonated with me, but when it comes to Five Minute Fridays I am at the beginning still. Today was my first and this makes me so excited to keep moving toward the finish line. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete