Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Barter System



This weeks prompt is: Barter System. If the world worked on a barter system, how would you fare? Would you have services to barter? Would you be successful, or would you struggle?

I am going to be completely honest, when I read this prompt I had to look up the meaning of a barter system. I had never heard the term before. For those of you who don't know what a barter system is, it is when you make exchanges for services instead of using money. Im not sure how I would do if our world used this system. I know I have a lot of stuff I could do with out but eventually that stuff would be gone and I wouldn't have anything left to trade. I could clean or babysit for a service. I think it would be very difficult. One of the problems with this system is that it doesn't establish any type of worth for anything.

Do you think you could make the barter system work for you?

I hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment