Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11th


Today marks the 13th anniversary of one of the most tragic events in U.S. history. I was in forth grade at the time. I remember going to school that morning having no idea of what was going on. As I walked into the classroom I noticed the T.V. turned on. It was just after the first plane hit the first tower. We continued to watch as the next plane crashed into the second tower. I remember the fear in everyone around me. Not many people were at school. I lived across the street at the time and and just wanted to go home. However the school would not allow us to leave till an adult signed us out. The rest of my memories from that day are foggy. One thing I do know is that many innocent people died that day. This was a day that changed America and will never be forgotten. I am very thankful for our officers, fire fighters, other emergency responders, and military. These people often put their life in danger to protect us. Always show you respect and thankfulness towards these people and let them know how much they matter. 

Where were you when the events took place on September 11th 2001?

Take a moment today to remember the people that died that day. 

I hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. We all have our unique memories of what happened that sad day. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for reading about it.

      Delete