Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Hold

This weeks Five Minute Friday word is hold.


Go
I like to hold on to stuff. Even when I know I am not likely to ever use it again. For months I have been trying to go through my room and get rid of stuff I have held onto for years. I don't know what it is about letting go that is so hard. I have clothes in my closet that I have not worn since high school and that was five years ago. I think it must be hereditary because I can already see that trait in my daughter at the age of three. She holds on to everything. One of these days I just need to go through her room and pack some stuff away or get rid of it.
STOP

Do you hold on to stuff that you don't use?

If you would like to join us every friday click the link below to learn more.


I hope you all enjoy reading my blog.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

4 comments:

  1. I read recently on a blog that in order to declutter her clothes, she hung all over her clothes backwards. When she wore an item she hung it back up normal. After one year, any clothes still hanging backwards went to the giveaway pile. I'm going to try that myself!

    http://5heartsonefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing that with me.

      Delete
  2. I love your post because I am a professional organizer and I do it as a ministry. I believe the reason that everything we do in the natural is a reflection of the spirit. So the reason that some things are hard to let go of, is because we are not letting go of heart stuff. As we release control to the Lord, he is the one who begins to make our mess less of a stress. #FMF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you could get rid of stuff you're not going to use them anymore... You could do it

    ReplyDelete