Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Name That You

This weeks topic from The Daily Posts book 365 Days Of Writing is: Name that…you! Do you know the meaning of your name, and why your parents chose it? Do you think it suits you? What about your children’s names?

I love this topic!!! I have touched on this one a little bit in the past but I can share more today. My name is Hope. It means great expectations. My mom had some serious health problems in the years leading up to me. To read her story click HERE. I was my parents "miracle child". I gave my mom hope for a brighter future. Some days I wonder if I live up to their expectation. Who doesn't think about that though... I can always do better and plan on working to be my best. My daughters name is Crystal. To be honest I had to look up the meaning of her name. Her name comes from a greek word meaning ice. I originally named her that because when I was growing up I wanted that to be my name. I don't know what it was I liked about it so much but I am happy that I could use it for her. She is my gem and I would not know what to do without her.


Tell me in the comments below what your name means.

I hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestion and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment