Sunday, June 8, 2014

Young Women Values


I have had a hard time trying to figure out what I was going to write about today. Then I realized I have been spending a lot of time thinking about the Young Women program at my church. I loved everything about church when I was in young women. I figured what a better thing to do then talk about one value each week until I finish all eight.

Each sunday when I was in young women's we would recite our theme:
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, Who loves us, and we love him.
We will stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.
As we strive to live the young women values, which are: Faith, Devine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

So today we will start with Faith.
I have talked a little bit about faith before so I won't say to much on it. Faith is a good thing for everyone to have. I gives everyone something to believe in.
I love this quote:
Alma 32:21 Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for thinks which are not seen, which are true.

What does faith mean to you?

I hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment