Sunday, March 23, 2014

Don't judge me.

Sunday is here. I spent a lot of time thinking this week on what I should say in this post. There are many subjects I could talk about about to keep today in good spirits. Since this is my first Sunday post I thought I should share my spiritual story with you.

My journey......
I have been going to The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints (LDS) ever since I can remember. I went to church every Sunday with my mom and brothers with no complaints. I was very involved with activities and everything. In middle school I went to a Christian summer camp called Camp Elim. I went for three years with my best friend at the time. I was always happy to be there. Going to that camp brought my relationship with Christ a lot closer as well. When I started high school I went through a phase where I didn't really want to go to church. I liked the extra activities like summer camp, and young women activities just not sitting through Sundays service. Now I am not a perfect person. I am not someone who thinks that everyone needs to believe in the same church to be a good person. When I started college out of state I completely stopped going to church. I started dating a guy that wasn't a good influence on me. However I thought I was happy and in love. After just a couple months I was pregnant. I was 17 and not married. I ended up moving back home towards the end of my pregnancy. It was very difficult for me at this point to go back to church because I was terrified of how people would think of me. The thing about my church though is everyone treats you like family. I was welcomed and everyone was very happy to see me. The reason I am telling you all of this is because I want people to understand I have struggles when it comes to church as well. I am 21 now and still struggle with going to church. I am still searching for answers and trying to figure out my beliefs.

What I want you to take away from today is that you can be very religious, somewhat religious, or not religious at all. I found a lot of peace during periods of my life and was thankful to have my church family around. If you aren't religious I hope you will still read my blog. Sundays will not always be about church. Sometimes it will just be about something I learned that made me feel blessed or a life lesson. It is ok to not know where your path is going. Experiment with your beliefs and research different beliefs. You could find answers to your questions or problems. Just be open minded and have faith.

I really hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions or thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment