Friday, March 21, 2014

Best friends


I am going to do the best I can to not make this post to long. Best friends are tricky. In my life I have had three friends which I considered best friends. One of these people I am still friends with, one of them I am no longer in contact with, and the third one... well she is my best friend. People change as they grow older. My best friend is Caitlin. I met Caitlin in 2009. As silly as it sounds we met through a fan club online for a band we both were in love with. We didn't go to the same school. We didn't even live in the same city. We started going to concerts together which brought us closer. We have easily gone to 30+ concerts in the time of our friendship. Believe it or not you get a lot of time to talk when at a concert. After a few months we started skyping after school. Are parents got very irritated because we would walk around the house on the computer. Caitlin and I have had our ups and downs to say the least. When I left state for college. We didn't talk as much.We both were just too involved in our classes and extra activities. I saw her when I came home for breaks and then when I moved back we became closer again. She is my daughter "aunt" and loves her to death. Caitlin graduated college last year and got a job in another state. I was able to spend a week strait with her before she started. I helped her unpack and get situated. We try to make an effort in talking everyday. My definition of a best friend is someone who is your non-blood sister or brother. Someone you can tell anything to and talk about anything with. Have you ever heard the saying, "One smile, can start a friendship. One word, can end a fight. One look, can save a relationship.One person can save a life."? I am lucky to have Caitlin in my life. I can honestly say I would not be where I am today without her. Everyone should have someone like this in there life. I challenge you to smile at a random person today. Whether it be at school, work, or a random person on the street. A smile can change a lot of things.



I really hope you all enjoy reading my blog. Please leave comments with suggestions and thoughts.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment